"When the mission is right, the odds don't matter."
Service every Sunday at 12pm
231 East Grand Blvd, Detroit MI
The Messiah Effect!
The Church of the Messiah is a 144-year-old non-traditional Episcopal church located on the lower Eastside of Detroit and serves the great needs and issues correlated with the Islandview community. Messiah’s congregation is a mixed one but is mostly 60% comprised of African American men under the age of 30. Church of the Messiah focuses on teaching and helping its congregates to unfold the greatness that God has placed within them, in order to make dynamic changes in their lives and the world around them!
“Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me”. ~Matt 25:40~
231 E Grand Blvd., Detroit, MI 48207. Free. Join us for Thanksgiving Dinner at Messiah. Be you hungry, homeless, or greedy. All are welcome.
We need your support!
As you all well know, Church of the Messiah is a church that serves and cares for the least of these in our congregation which is made up of 60 % African American male under the age of 30. This is no easy feat since we are facing serious issues with our 130-year building (leaking and damaged roof, water damage to the entire basement and 130-year-old plumbing), as well as astronomical utility bills and operating expenses totaling well over $8,000 monthly, which we NEVER bring in. This is where we need your help. We are looking for at least 50 financial partners who are bold and committed enough to donate $100 a month (or more) FOR at least 1 YEAR!
Your monthly donation will help Messiah to continue providing programming and services that empower and improve our community. Listed below are just a few of the programs and services that we provide:
– Church of the Messiah Housing with 213 units of housing in the Islandview neighborhood.
– Share Network (Our employment office through Michigan Works)
– F.I.R.E. Marching Band and Cheer Leading Team.
– Messiah Empowerment Bike Shop (a full line bike repair shop for the community)
– Aim High Mentorship Program
– Citizens United for Safety (C.U.F.S.)
– Five Alive (Community Organizing for social issues)
– I AM Media Productions (videography, job interviews)
Again, you can help Messiah to continue to help “the least of these” by partnering with us!
Here are 2 effortless ways to give:
1. Click the link here or at the bottom of this page to give online OR
2. Mail it in: Church of the Messiah, 231 East Grand Blvd, Detroit MI, 48214